The Regulatory Incubator
Sturgeon Ventures is a Partnership, Founded in 1998 as a single family office.
The Partners love of being involved in the growth and nurturing of private company investments led to the creation of an incubator. Initially there was no sector focus; in 1999 some sectors took the lead focus. These included financial services and well-being.
Sturgeon Ventures is the most established Regulatory Incubator known by some as a Regulated Umbrella or Hosting Platform or Regulated Hosting firm.
Sturgeon Ventures has incubated people and firms since 1999.
Sturgeon Ventures has been a family office wealth advisor since 1998.
Incubation allows a firm to build a track record, competency and business process whilst achieving critical mass.
A Sturgeon’s egg is the size of a mustard seed. With the right nurturing it will hatch, grow to more than fifteen feet long, weigh over a ton and live for at least two hundred years.
To view our UK Financial Conduct Permissions page on the FCA website, please click here:
Previous to the FCA, Sturgeon was regulated by the FSA and pre 2000, by the SFA which can be checked on the FCA History Records.
Why Sturgeon – Our Differentiators
As the award winning pioneer and first provider of regulatory incubation services to the wholesale market, we have unrivalled expertise in financial services regulation, compliance and corporate and fund solutions.
- We are forward-thinking and entrepreneurial, with a strong problem-solving ethos
- Having tracked the changes in financial services regulation over many years, no competitor can match the depth of our knowledge and expertise on a global basis – a true regulatory ecosystem
- Since inception 20 years ago, we have built our business on trust and we have carefully nurtured long standing relationships with clients, associate partner firms and regulators (FCA/SEC/MFSA/CBI amongst others)
- We operate a hands-on, pro-active approach for the whole cycle of a client relationship
- Our clients benefit from our extensive global network but we remain steadfastly jurisdiction neutral
- With mainly fixed fees, clients enjoy full peace of mind on costs
- For one person start-ups, we have in our ecosystem trading desk partners, and offer investment experienced regulated individuals for investment committees in the United Kingdom and other global jurisdictions
Sturgeon think out of the box, an invaluable asset on investment committees