Sturgeon now a signatory of the PRI
Sturgeon Ventures is delighted to announce that it is now a signatory to the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI). We are joining more than 2,000 other organisations around the world that have publicly demonstrated their commitment to responsible investment.
Currently, Sturgeon is the only firm within their main field of competition, that is a signatory to the PRI.
The PRI is recognised as the leading global network for investors committed to integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into their investment decision-making.
These examples of ESG issues align with Sturgeon’s Values and Purpose and to complement this, we are also signatories of the Stewardship Code Statement and are members of AIMA, who provide leadership to the alternative investment industry.
What is responsible investment?
The PRI defines responsible investment as a strategy and practice to incorporate environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in investment decisions and active ownership.
Sturgeon joins the network of over 2,000 other signatories who have agreed to put into practice the PRI’s six principles:
- Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Looking to the future, and to mark their 10 year anniversary, they have planned a series of initiatives that involves responsible investors to press forward towards sustainable markets that contribute to a more prosperous world for everyone.
More on Sturgeon Ventures
Sturgeon Ventures are the most established Regulatory Incubator, a trusted partner and venture catalyst. Providing nurturing and bespoke solutions, also known as a Regulatory Umbrella, Regulatory Hosting Platform or a Regulatory Ecosystem.
Sturgeon Ventures, with offices in London, has incubated people and firms since 1999 and has been a family office wealth advisor since 1998.
Sturgeon Ventures are proud to have signed up to HM Treasury’s Women in Finance Charter, since the start of this initiative in July 2016 and to contribute to industry publications such as Acquisition International and The Corporate Financier.
It’s founder, Seonaid Mackenzie, has also written a contributing chapter in “Successfully Launching A Hedge Fund In Europe: Practical Guidance For New Managers” on the subject of pioneering Regulatory Incubation.
To see Sturgeon Ventures’ listing visit the signatories page.
To read more on the PRI, visit their website.