Since 2000 Sturgeon Ventures have been working as a delegated solution. Our AIFM Solutions continue to grow with the launch of well known industry names as our Partners and we have Global Platforms in a number of jurisdictions around the world both onshore and offshore. These platforms can delegate to us in London or back to you in your home state. They allow a client to either launch as a sub-fund of an existing fund or their own structure under the AIFM as the Investment Manager and or Risk Manager, in a number of locations. We work with leading administrators who specialise in open and closed ended funds, law firms both at local level and throughout the world, auditors, prime brokers and custodians.
We let you choose, at the end of the day they are your Partners too. We are jurisdiction neutral, however we have extensive experience in setting up funds in London, Malta, Luxembourg, Ireland, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Jersey and Cayman Islands, and Mauritius often chosen by some more exotic funds. Speed to market is dramatically reduced. We can also introduce you to Capital Introduction teams. We introduce you to cost effective solutions.
Our clients benefit from our years of experience as the pioneer of the Regulatory Incubation business long before AIFMD came into our lives. Alternative Investment Fund Managers (AIFMs) are now finding out they have a lot more to do as regards their compliance regulations. The Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) the EU has put in place has seen to this, and creates a situation where AIFMs have to ensure that they have certain paperwork and structures in place if they are to be able to practice their profession.
As part of our compliance work, we can ensure you have training, administration and management support that enables you to effectively and efficiently manage the requirements of the AIFMD.
The demands are quite extensive, and include providing information to the FCA on the following issues:
- Information about the persons who are actually conducting the business of the alternative investment fund manager. This means identifying the personnel who carry out the work that manages the funds.
- A full program of activity that is connected to the fund management. This is an outline of all the processes and mid to long-term plans that the AIFM has. The information required here is extensive.
- The remuneration policies and practices of the fund managers also have to be outlined. The level of detail here is again extensive, and hints at the transparency that has resulted due to the directive being put into place.
- The fund managers also have to be quite clear on the details of any arrangements for the delegation of activities to third parties. This again illustrates just how transparent the process is in the wake of the global financial meltdown. The European Union is obviously aiming at finding out everything it can about the practices of alternative investment fund managers. This is an attempt to push towards the full transparency of financial processes.
- When it comes to the funds that they want to manage AIFMs also have to give full information on the investment strategies they intend to follow. This is different to what came before, and again illustrates just how much information is required until the European Union are satisfied that all dealings are transparent and have integrity.
We can help take some of the process out of your hands, by ensuring that we provide you with support as regards managing the workload.
The paperwork and the administration involved in meeting these requirements is something we have experience in, and we are confident we can provide a service that reduces your workload, and allows you to get on with managing the investments you have been entrusted with.
AIFM Solutions Academy
AIFM Solutions is our educational academy and is updated for the marketing of AIFs.
Click here to visit the site and read the AIFs update.